Lufbery Aerodrome is where we fly
- Located in the southern-most section of Cedar Creek Park, our Aerodrome provides us with a great facility to pursue Radio Control flying of model airplanes, helicopters and quad racers. Also within the park is a tether car track.
- Cedar Creek Park is located at: 3340 Merrick Rd, Seaford, NY 11783. Take Wantagh Parkway heading South, then get off at exit 6 East – Merrick Road. The entrance is just a few blocks east of the Parkway.
- We have two intersecting paved runways which allow us to fly at all times regardless of wind direction.
In 2010 our field was renamed “Lufbery Aerodrome” in honor of Major Raoul Lufbery who by the end of World War I was a leading ace with 17 official kills. Major Lufbery was killed in action in France in 1918.
- In order to fly at our field you will need:
– A current AMA membership card which can be obtained from the AMA (Academy of Model Aeronautics) and which costs $75 annually. AMA memberships for flyers under 18 ARE FREE!
– An Aerodrome permit from the Park Office. Nassau County residents pay $20 and non-residents pay $40 per year.
We welcome everyone who wants to learn how to fly. We have experienced instructors on hand who will be happy to teach you the fundamentals of RC flying until you are approved to fly solo.